Agencies set to buy as NTL promotes its interactive services
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 July 2000 12:00AM
NTL has unveiled its interactive services to agencies - and is in talks with ITV about screening this new generation of ads on its digital channels.
NTL has unveiled its interactive services to agencies - and is in
talks with ITV about screening this new generation of ads on its digital
Ford, Kellogg and Orange are all believed to be interested in buying the
first of these interactive ads, following a series of presentations to
NTL is also thought to be in talks with major broadcasters, including
ITV, about screening the interactive ads on their channels.
Once the NTL interactive ads go live, they will offer clients instant
response measurement, the ability to tailor ads based on information
about subscribers, and video-on-demand advertorials.
Currently, consumers can click through to a microsite but cannot gain
full internet access. This means the service is still limited to a
’walled garden’, but NTL plans to roll out full access across its
franchises in the next two to three months.
Andy Crossley, NTL’s market development director for interactive TV,
said: ’It will be a big opportunity for TV channels and broadcast
platforms alike. Clients might start with the banner ad campaign and,
within 18 months, have a click-through option to an interactive
As part of his mission, Crossley is encouraging agencies to be prepared
for the take-up of interactive ads.
’Clients like Unilever and Procter & Gamble are fast thinking and
further ahead in the market than most. They are starting to tuck away
six-month budgets for next year that will be devoted entirely to
interactive trials. Agencies should encourage clients to think about
this,’ he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London
- Award-Winning Integrated Creative Team Premier Media Circa 55K + Benefits, Central London
- Designer - Fashion E-commerce retail brand Creative Recruitment £90 - £120 per day, City of London