Real Media hones pan-Euro sales
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 July 2000 12:00AM
Real Media has overhauled its sales structure to encourage advertisers to buy more pan-European online campaigns and sample ad tools that go beyond the banner.
Real Media has overhauled its sales structure to encourage
advertisers to buy more pan-European online campaigns and sample ad
tools that go beyond the banner.
UK managing director Tim Brown takes on the new role of general manager,
Europe, advertising. This puts him in charge of a ten-strong,
London-based team dedicated to upping Real Media’s European
The division will woo pan-regional clients and communicate with local
research and sales support teams in Real Media’s 28 European
David McMurtrie, the one-time director of international media at
MediaCom, is also stepping up a rung. He moves from his role as
operations and marketing director to fill the vacant managing director’s
position on 1 August.
McMurtrie, who will be responsible for 52 staff, has handled sales
strategy and marketed the company to clients and agencies since he came
on board last year.
Jonathan Bill, Real Media’s UK head of sales, has become the company’s
first commercial director. Bill will decide which sites the company
He will also bring together the traffic, marketing, sales and media
services departments. The last division looks at new advertising tools
and platforms, such as digital television and e-mail, as well as
sponsorships and research.
Bill explained: ’Agencies are always interested in innovative ideas that
make them look good in front of their clients. We are trying to offer
something more than the straight sell. It’s up to us to keep ahead of
He added: ’The sales team is large now and was taking up a considerable
amount of my time. I will still oversee sales but I am now free to do
more strategic stuff.’
Another senior salesman to move up is Richard Smith, who steps into
Bill’s shoes to run Real Media’s UK sales team of 16.
Smith joined the sales house in 1998 from Amra, where he sold space on
Trinity Newspaper’s North-west portfolio.
The 27-year-old began his Real Media career handling its regional
websites, such as The Scotsman, Belfast Telegraph and the This is ...
group of local sites. He then took on News International’s online
ventures, which include The Times, The Sun and Fired Up.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014