Ads to mirror editorial in new Emap magazine Pop
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 July 2000 12:00AM
Emap is launching a biannual unisex fashion and art magazine that boasts an innovative format and a radical sales strategy.
Emap is launching a biannual unisex fashion and art magazine that
boasts an innovative format and a radical sales strategy.
Pop, from The Face stable, has a policy of only accepting advertising
when its creative execution mirrors the style of the editorial.
Only 23 per cent of the 262-page first issue will be devoted to
Pop’s sales strategy is to involve advertisers in the editorial concept
and maintain a high yield rate policy.
In a new departure for a glossy magazine, there will be no advertising
in the first section, including the inside front cover. Instead, an
editorial gatefold will lead straight into a 12-page fashion
Advertisers in the first issue include Prada, Gucci, DKNY, Dolce &
Gabbana and Bottega Veneta.
Pop is being sold by Emap Advertising’s fashion team of eight, headed by
Kerry Moffat, who is assisted by international men’s fashion manager
Thirty per cent of the 70,000 print run will be distributed overseas. It
will retail for pounds 5.
New sales outlets are being sought in art galleries and fashion
The first edition hits the newsstands on 11 September.
The launch of Pop is expected to be followed shortly with news of a
revamped Frank, which will be a high-fashion women’s title.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London