Ads to mirror editorial in new Emap magazine Pop
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 July 2000 12:00AM
Emap is launching a biannual unisex fashion and art magazine that boasts an innovative format and a radical sales strategy.
Emap is launching a biannual unisex fashion and art magazine that
boasts an innovative format and a radical sales strategy.
Pop, from The Face stable, has a policy of only accepting advertising
when its creative execution mirrors the style of the editorial.
Only 23 per cent of the 262-page first issue will be devoted to
Pop’s sales strategy is to involve advertisers in the editorial concept
and maintain a high yield rate policy.
In a new departure for a glossy magazine, there will be no advertising
in the first section, including the inside front cover. Instead, an
editorial gatefold will lead straight into a 12-page fashion
Advertisers in the first issue include Prada, Gucci, DKNY, Dolce &
Gabbana and Bottega Veneta.
Pop is being sold by Emap Advertising’s fashion team of eight, headed by
Kerry Moffat, who is assisted by international men’s fashion manager
Thirty per cent of the 70,000 print run will be distributed overseas. It
will retail for pounds 5.
New sales outlets are being sought in art galleries and fashion
The first edition hits the newsstands on 11 September.
The launch of Pop is expected to be followed shortly with news of a
revamped Frank, which will be a high-fashion women’s title.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'