AMV wins agency of the year and golds for Guinness at Clios
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 June 2000 12:00AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has scooped no less than seven gold statues - five of them for Guinness - at the Clio Awards in New York.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has scooped no less than seven gold
statues - five of them for Guinness - at the Clio Awards in New
The top prize, the Grand Clio for TV and cinema, went to DDB Chicago for
its ’wassup true’ spot for Budweiser, a commercial featuring a group of
men who greet each other with ’wassup’.
The print Grand Clio was awarded to DDB Paris for an innovative campaign
for the Volkswagen Lupo, which demonstrates the car’s fuel efficiency by
showing how far it can travel based on the amount of fuel in a cigarette
lighter, a lantern and a jar of paint thinner. A Grand Clio went to
Arnold Communications for its turbonium.com website for Volkswagen.
AMV also picked up the agency of the year award because of its seven
gold, four silver and two bronze statues, most of which were for
’surfer’ and ’bet on black’ for Guinness. ’Surfer’, directed by Jonathan
Glazer through Academy, won a gold for direction, editing and
’Bet on black’, directed by Frank Budgen through Gorgeous, won a gold
for cinematography and silvers for editing and direction.
Global Issue, p26.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'