Sugar Puffs adapts Nike ’airport’ spot
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 June 2000 12:00AM
Sugar Puffs has made its own version of the famous Nike ’airport’ commercial in which the Brazilian football team caused havoc during the 1998 World Cup.
Sugar Puffs has made its own version of the famous Nike ’airport’
commercial in which the Brazilian football team caused havoc during the
1998 World Cup.
Targeted at pre-teenage children, the spot picks up on their enthusiasm
for football and works on Honey Monster’s sense of fun and soccer
Before starting production, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R gained
permission to use the copyrighted ad from Nike.
Sugar Puffs’ version, which will launch in time for the Euro 2000
Football Championships, begins with a scene showing bored children in an
airport. Their flight has been delayed and they aimlessly kick a
Suddenly a large yellow foot stops the ball. Honey Monster has arrived
to join in the impromptu kick-about.
Just as in the Nike commercial, Honey Monster drives the ball through
the X-ray machine, hits a man on the head with the ball and dribbles it
past a security guard.
Like the footballer Ronaldo in the original, Honey Monster kicks the
ball through a passage of onlookers towards a make-shift goal. And just
like Ronaldo, he hits the post, misses and shrugs his shoulders
Chris Coleridge, the account manager for Sugar Puffs, said: ’Nike’s
famous commercial is a great platform for Honey Monster to display his
soccer skills and his sense of fun. Children find it very
The ad was written by Dave Henderson and art directed by Richard
It was directed by Matthew Judd of Blonde Films. Media is through
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London
- Brand/Innovation Marketers Needed Ball & Hoolahan Competitive Salary package, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £54,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account