Coty to push Adidas men’s toiletries line with Leagas Delaney
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 July 1999 12:00AM
Coty, the cosmetics manufacturer, has handed Leagas Delaney the pounds 5 million international launch task for a range of Adidas-branded men’s toiletries.
Coty, the cosmetics manufacturer, has handed Leagas Delaney the
pounds 5 million international launch task for a range of Adidas-branded
The agency won the account after pitching against an unnamed Spanish
agency. It has been working on the project for the past six months.
Leagas Delaney has handled Coty’s Adidas women’s toiletries range since
The agency also handles the Adidas advertising globally. Nick Hough,
Leagas Delaney’s managing director, said: ’We’re very pleased. It’s
especially gratifying when an existing client shows faith in our agency
by giving us additional business.
’The fact that we have Adidas helps our understanding of that brand
equity. We understand what Adidas means to people,’ he added.
The television and print campaign is expected to run in Europe, North
and South America and Asia Pacific, though not Japan.
Media buying is handled by BMP OMD in the UK, and by other local
agencies around the world.
The company remains tight-lipped about what the range - which is due to
launch in the autumn - will comprise. There are four existing Adidas
lines: Classic, Sport, Dynamic and Action.
Leagas Delaney’s relations with Coty were also strengthened when the
latter’s subsidiary, the Lancaster Group, hired the agency to launch the
Isabella Rossellini cosmetics range two years ago.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London