Omnicom duo triumphs in worldwide Fila pitch
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 1999 12:00AM
The Italian sportswear company, Fila Holding, has appointed the Omnicom Group agencies, TBWA Worldwide and Merkley Newman Harty in New York, to handle an estimated dollars 40 million global advertising account.
The Italian sportswear company, Fila Holding, has appointed the
Omnicom Group agencies, TBWA Worldwide and Merkley Newman Harty in New
York, to handle an estimated dollars 40 million global advertising
Fila, the world’s fifth-largest sports manufacturer, aims to create a
more consistent global advertising message and take on Nike, Adidas and
The review was called by the recently appointed Alessandro De Pestel,
vice-president, global advertising and promotion, who joined Fila in
July from Swatch Watch.
Fila, which is based in Italy, is run as a separate organisation in each
country in which it operates and has used local agencies until now. It
is unclear how the review affects the UK agency, Billington Jackson.
US advertising has been handled by Leo Burnett Chicago, which won the
claimed dollars 20 million account last year. But Burnett resigned the
account this September after the review was announced, citing
’philosophical differences’ with the client. It is understood that the
agency was unhappy with management changes which reportedly led to the
account only being worth dollars 5 million last year.
The Omnicom agencies pitched against BBDO Worldwide, Euro RSCG and J.
Walter Thompson Worldwide, which held the French account. TBWA in Paris
led the European pitch, but collaborated with London on the creative
Fila aims to present itself as a serious contender in the sports market
and wants to transform the company from a fashion-led brand to a sports
and leisure brand. It has begun to open its first branded retail
Its first UK store opened in October and more are planned for next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign