Omnicom duo triumphs in worldwide Fila pitch
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 1999 12:00AM
The Italian sportswear company, Fila Holding, has appointed the Omnicom Group agencies, TBWA Worldwide and Merkley Newman Harty in New York, to handle an estimated dollars 40 million global advertising account.
The Italian sportswear company, Fila Holding, has appointed the
Omnicom Group agencies, TBWA Worldwide and Merkley Newman Harty in New
York, to handle an estimated dollars 40 million global advertising
Fila, the world’s fifth-largest sports manufacturer, aims to create a
more consistent global advertising message and take on Nike, Adidas and
The review was called by the recently appointed Alessandro De Pestel,
vice-president, global advertising and promotion, who joined Fila in
July from Swatch Watch.
Fila, which is based in Italy, is run as a separate organisation in each
country in which it operates and has used local agencies until now. It
is unclear how the review affects the UK agency, Billington Jackson.
US advertising has been handled by Leo Burnett Chicago, which won the
claimed dollars 20 million account last year. But Burnett resigned the
account this September after the review was announced, citing
’philosophical differences’ with the client. It is understood that the
agency was unhappy with management changes which reportedly led to the
account only being worth dollars 5 million last year.
The Omnicom agencies pitched against BBDO Worldwide, Euro RSCG and J.
Walter Thompson Worldwide, which held the French account. TBWA in Paris
led the European pitch, but collaborated with London on the creative
Fila aims to present itself as a serious contender in the sports market
and wants to transform the company from a fashion-led brand to a sports
and leisure brand. It has begun to open its first branded retail
Its first UK store opened in October and more are planned for next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account