Web pioneer Equire hires HPT to handle marketing business
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 1999 12:00AM
Equire.com, the e-commerce website provider, has hired HPT Brand Response to handle all of its marketing communications.
Equire.com, the e-commerce website provider, has hired HPT Brand
Response to handle all of its marketing communications.
Equire builds and provides end-to-end e-commerce sites for a range of
upmarket brands, including Hamleys toy shops, the prestige jewellers,
Van Peterson, and the luxury chain of Taj hotels.
HPT’s brief is to develop both online and offline communications in
order to help build awareness of, and drive traffic to, these sites.
Tim Patten, a managing partner of HPT, said: ’We have met with a number
of dotcom businesses, but this is the first that combined a bright idea,
a good product and a competent management line-up.’
The first wave of ads is for Hamleys and will appear in The New York
Times this week, with a provisional plan to roll out in the UK next
The campaign positions Hamleys as the place where the Royal Family
traditionally shops. The ads feature the line: ’Toys fit for a king.’
Point-of-sale and ambient media will also be used to promote the Hamleys
The ads were written by Diccon Driver and art directed by Alan Wilson,
with typography by Ross Garden. Media is handled by Unity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds