Delaney Lund Knox beats Saatchis and FCA! to Unison task
By HARRIET MARSH, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 1999 12:00AM
Unison, the public service union, has awarded its advertising account to Delaney Lund Knox Warren following a pitch against Saatchi & Saatchi and FCA!.
Unison, the public service union, has awarded its advertising
account to Delaney Lund Knox Warren following a pitch against Saatchi &
Saatchi and FCA!.
DLKW pitched alongside BJK&E Media, which will now pick up the media
account. The former full-service incumbent, BMP DDB, which had handled
the business for 20 years, did not repitch.
Unison, which was formed from a merger of NALGO and COHSE six years ago,
is the UK’s largest union with about 1.3 million members and has been
responsible for a number of high-profile advertising campaigns in recent
years. The account is worth just under pounds 1 million.
In 1996, it combined with the NHS Support Federation to produce
advertising that mocked the Tories’ ’Devil eyes’ campaign attacking Tony
Blair in a bid to highlight the plight of nurses.
The previous year, the trade union unveiled what it claimed was the
first television campaign by a trade union setting out to boost
The ad, which demonstrated the effectiveness of strength through
numbers, featured a bear which ignored one ant’s polite plea of ’Excuse
me’ but moved swiftly after an army of ants bellowed, ’Get out of the
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire