Delaney Lund Knox beats Saatchis and FCA! to Unison task
By HARRIET MARSH, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 1999 12:00AM
Unison, the public service union, has awarded its advertising account to Delaney Lund Knox Warren following a pitch against Saatchi & Saatchi and FCA!.
Unison, the public service union, has awarded its advertising
account to Delaney Lund Knox Warren following a pitch against Saatchi &
Saatchi and FCA!.
DLKW pitched alongside BJK&E Media, which will now pick up the media
account. The former full-service incumbent, BMP DDB, which had handled
the business for 20 years, did not repitch.
Unison, which was formed from a merger of NALGO and COHSE six years ago,
is the UK’s largest union with about 1.3 million members and has been
responsible for a number of high-profile advertising campaigns in recent
years. The account is worth just under pounds 1 million.
In 1996, it combined with the NHS Support Federation to produce
advertising that mocked the Tories’ ’Devil eyes’ campaign attacking Tony
Blair in a bid to highlight the plight of nurses.
The previous year, the trade union unveiled what it claimed was the
first television campaign by a trade union setting out to boost
The ad, which demonstrated the effectiveness of strength through
numbers, featured a bear which ignored one ant’s polite plea of ’Excuse
me’ but moved swiftly after an army of ants bellowed, ’Get out of the
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency