Delaney Lund Knox beats Saatchis and FCA! to Unison task
By HARRIET MARSH, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 1999 12:00AM
Unison, the public service union, has awarded its advertising account to Delaney Lund Knox Warren following a pitch against Saatchi & Saatchi and FCA!.
Unison, the public service union, has awarded its advertising
account to Delaney Lund Knox Warren following a pitch against Saatchi &
Saatchi and FCA!.
DLKW pitched alongside BJK&E Media, which will now pick up the media
account. The former full-service incumbent, BMP DDB, which had handled
the business for 20 years, did not repitch.
Unison, which was formed from a merger of NALGO and COHSE six years ago,
is the UK’s largest union with about 1.3 million members and has been
responsible for a number of high-profile advertising campaigns in recent
years. The account is worth just under pounds 1 million.
In 1996, it combined with the NHS Support Federation to produce
advertising that mocked the Tories’ ’Devil eyes’ campaign attacking Tony
Blair in a bid to highlight the plight of nurses.
The previous year, the trade union unveiled what it claimed was the
first television campaign by a trade union setting out to boost
The ad, which demonstrated the effectiveness of strength through
numbers, featured a bear which ignored one ant’s polite plea of ’Excuse
me’ but moved swiftly after an army of ants bellowed, ’Get out of the
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account