Unilever realigns ice-cream tasks
By FRANCESCA NEWLAND, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 February 2000 12:00AM
Unilever has rejigged the worldwide creative agency arrangements for three of its leading ice-cream brands as it continues to overhaul its brand portfolio.
Unilever has rejigged the worldwide creative agency arrangements
for three of its leading ice-cream brands as it continues to overhaul
its brand portfolio.
The Unilever subsidiary, Birds Eye Wall’s, has handed Lowe Lintas &
Partners its Solero and Calippo brands, which were previously handled by
Ogilvy & Mather and McCann-Erickson respectively, while McCann has
picked up the Carte D’Or tub ice-cream brand from Lowe Lintas.
An agency source said that Unilever was centralising its tub ice-cream
brands into McCann and its lolly brands into Lowe Lintas, which retains
responsibility for Magnum. However, Cornetto, which is handled by
McCann, is not thought to be moving.
Last year Niall Fitzgerald, the chairman of Unilever, announced that the
company was to axe up to 75 per cent of its 1,600 consumer brands,
leaving 400 so-called ’power brands’ to receive the bulk of the
company’s marketing resources.
Since then, the company has sought to reflect this dramatic strategy by
streamlining its agency arrangements around a core group of master
brands. Local so-called ’jewel’ brands are to be retained where
The first wave of change came early this year, when Van den Bergh Foods
called a pan-European pitch for its culinary products range.
J. Walter Thompson won a pitch against Lowe Lintas and secured about
pounds 60 million worth of business in the process (Campaign, 21
Unilever is now expected to review the agency arrangements for its Lever
Brothers laundry brands.
O&M handles Comfort in some markets, while Lowe Lintas handles Snuggle,
which may be centralised into a single agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London