COI orders ad agencies to ’do better’
By Our Parliamentary Correspondent, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 February 2000 12:00AM
Agencies which work for the Government have been ordered to ’do better’ at coming up with new ideas and saving taxpayers’ money.
Agencies which work for the Government have been ordered to ’do
better’ at coming up with new ideas and saving taxpayers’ money.
The edict came from the Central Office of Information after it studied
the first results of a new appraisal system for Government campaigns,
introduced just over a year ago.
The scheme evaluates agencies’ performance against 18 measures and will
be used to spot rising stars which will be included in future
Although the COI was pleased with agencies’ overall performance, they
concluded that shops need to improve in two areas: being proactive with
ideas and opportunities and proposing measures that add value or save
The four shops at the top of the COI’s league table scored more than 80
per cent overall. The average score of all shops for achieving campaign
objectives and response targets was also more than 80 per cent. Shops
scored 70 per cent for their strategic input to the brief and for their
response to creative amendments.
Peter Buchanan, the COI’s director of marketing services, said: ’In year
two, much more data will be collected, making the system even more
valuable in terms of evaluating performance over time, over a greater
number of campaigns and in highlighting the rising stars who perform
The new appraisal system, which was drawn up after consultation with the
industry, is designed to raise standards, improve accountability and
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London