Malcolm Moore set to develop initiative for UpMyStreet.com
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 August 2000 12:00AM
Malcolm Moore Deakin Blayze has picked up the pounds 3 million account for UpMyStreet.com, the online local information service.
Malcolm Moore Deakin Blayze has picked up the pounds 3 million
account for UpMyStreet.com, the online local information service.
The agency pitched against three other shops in a review that was
handled through the AAR.
Malcolm Moore is likely to launch a press and poster campaign in the
late autumn that will roll out to national TV. The aim will be to create
advertising that will appeal to the masses, in line with what the site
has to offer.
’UpMyStreet is about delivering unbiased quality information to the
community,’ Mohammed Raja, the head of marketing at UpMyStreet,
’We have built an identifiable brand without advertising - we can now
take our communications to the next level.’
The site allows people to extract information by using a postcode-driven
database to find property prices, schools, councils and local
The company plans to deliver its web content to digital, WAP and paper
channels over the next 12 months. The site was backed with first-round
financing of pounds 12 million from News International and Continuation
’UpMyStreet is one of the most visited sites on the web,’ Graham Deakin,
the managing director at Malcolm Moore, claimed. ’This is one site where
the product is better than the promise.’
The company has also selected a shortlist of agencies to pitch for the
media planning and buying business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London