Tim Southwell lands editorial director role at Switch2
By MATTHEW COWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 April 2000 12:00AM
Tim Southwell, the former editor of Loaded, is joining Switch2, the UK’s first internet broadcasting network, as editorial director.
Tim Southwell, the former editor of Loaded, is joining Switch2, the
UK’s first internet broadcasting network, as editorial director.
He will be joined by the Loaded publisher Adrian Pettett, who takes on
the title of publishing director.
The site, which launches in late spring, will be a five-channel digital
platform providing a single online destination to offbeat entertainment
It is targeted at 15- to 35-year-olds and will feature text, audio and
video material streamed into five channels: music, film, comedy, sport
and games. It will also allow users to participate in chatrooms and will
offer branded consumer goods.
The company claims that most of the content will be original material
but that deals with major broadcasters concerning the licensing of
properties may be made in the future.
Southwell and Pettett will join a raft of senior people spanning the
music, marketing and publishing industries at the company. The managing
director is David Wardlaw, a former consultant for Deloitte & Touche and
Coopers & Lybrand; the director is Paul Morrison, the former managing
director of KLP, part of Euro RSCG; Tony Cross, the ex-publisher of Sky
magazine, is deputy editorial director, while Simon Pizey, who was head
of production at MTV, joins as production director.
The site is being launched by Edison Interactive Broadcast, an
e-commerce and digital media company.
Wardlaw said: ’At the moment, the majority of the internet is boring and
text based. The launch of Switch2 will create a new entertainment
network that people will want to watch.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director B2B Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Online/Offline Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- Sales and Marketing Administrator Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical Project Director, Global Agency, London £70-75K Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign