CNN unveils pounds 4m global task to mark 20th anniversary
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 September 1999 12:00AM
CNN International is planning to launch its biggest ad campaign in preparation for its 20th anniversary next year.
CNN International is planning to launch its biggest ad campaign in
preparation for its 20th anniversary next year.
The pounds 4 million worldwide campaign is based around the tagline,
’You are what you know’, and was created by Conquest London.
The advertising will run across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia
Pacific, Latin America and North America in mid-September. It will
appear on TV, posters, in cinemas and in print, as well as on London
Paul Maglione, senior vice-president of CNN marketing in London, said:
’This is the first time we have run in several markets across the world
with a single campaign.’
The campaign aims to reinforce the core values of the channel to
persuade more people to watch it regularly.
The ads were written by Simon Frank, art directed by John Trainor and
directed by Christina Fotinelli and Carsten Lakner through Unity
Pictures. Media planning and buying were handled by MediaCom/TMB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London