Tiny lines up three agencies for pounds 24m media buying pitch
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 December 1999 12:00AM
Tiny Computers is looking to centralise its pounds 24 million media account and has called a three-way pitch.
Tiny Computers is looking to centralise its pounds 24 million media
account and has called a three-way pitch.
The incumbent agencies, the Collins Partnership and MBS Media, have been
asked to pitch for the account. Carat is also contesting for the account
through its direct marketing arm, Carat Direct, to avoid conflict with
its other PC client, Dell Computers.
It has worked on Tiny Computers in the past through its
business-to-business division, Carat Business, which worked on the
direct sell part of the account.
Collins Partnership is responsible for the press buying for Tiny, which
during the 12 months to September accounted for just under 80 per cent
of the computer company’s adspend.
MBS Media carries out the broadcast media buying for the account.
The computer company is expected to make a decision before
Tiny Computers took an aggressive marketing stance during the summer,
when it launched personal computer give-away offers tied to its internet
service provider, Tiny Online. Consumers who signed up for Tiny Online
for a minimum of a year were offered free internet-capable PCs. This
marketing strategy came as Freeserve and a number of US companies
launched cut-price internet PCs.
The company, which has a turnover of pounds 250 million, sees the free
PC as a long-term marketing strategy as the computer becomes a commodity
like the TV.
Tiny Computers’ marketing director, Neil Stevens, was not available for
comment as Campaign went to press. Tiny Computers’ creative agency,
Golley Slater & Partners, is not thought to be affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham