Tom Keaveny takes marketing role with Discovery Channel
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 December 1999 12:00AM
Tom Keaveny, sales director at Eurosport, is leaving the company to join the Discovery Channel as vice-president of affiliate sales and marketing for Europe, Africa and Asia.
Tom Keaveny, sales director at Eurosport, is leaving the company to
join the Discovery Channel as vice-president of affiliate sales and
marketing for Europe, Africa and Asia.
Keaveny, who joined Eurosport as an international account manager just
under five years ago from Channel 4, will be responsible for developing
Discovery’s network of cable operators, digital platforms and satellite
distribution. His replacement will be Dominic Burns, deputy sales
Keaveny said: ’This new role is a huge challenge. It’s not
dissatisfaction with Eurosport, which is a great brand, but I am taking
up a new opportunity. I think Discovery is a way forward and will allow
me to discover my media world.’
Burns has been with Eurosport for three years. He joined the company
from Channel 4 as business development manager and was promoted to
deputy sales manager last year.
His appointment as UK sales director has triggered a restructure within
Eurosport’s sales department.
David Orman, group head, becomes sales manager while David Evans,
formerly senior commercial research executive, takes the post of
commercial research manager.
Burns said: ’It is my aim to build on the success that this office has
enjoyed under Tom’s guidance, and with the events coming up next year,
including Euro 2000 and the Sydney Olympics, plus the team we have in
place, we go into 2000 with huge optimism and enthusiasm.’
Eurosport increased its reach to UK homes in August through an agreement
with Telwest for carriage on the cable company’s analogue and digital
services. The British Eurosport is now available in 3.5 million
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers