Partners BDDH scoops Co-op’s retail business
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 December 1999 12:00AM
The Co-op has called a review of its pounds 10 million media account following the appointment this week of Partners BDDH to handle its creative business.
The Co-op has called a review of its pounds 10 million media
account following the appointment this week of Partners BDDH to handle
its creative business.
It has also asked its two media incumbents, Motive and Robson Brown, to
present their strategies for 2000 in the next two weeks.
Partners BDDH beat Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters in a winner-takes-all
shoot-out for the combined Co-op retail account, which was previously
split between the two pitching agencies - Partners BDDH handled the
Co-operative Wholesale Society and Duckworth Finn the Co-operative
New work from Partners BDDH should run before Easter 2000, matching the
’effective, rewarding, responsible’ brief and promoting the stores as
modern and vibrant with a wide product range.
Lesley Butterfield, the agency’s chairman, said: ’This is an opportunity
to bring two regional operations together to make one national
Tim Marsden, the CWS general manager of marketing, said: ’The new
advertising will build on the achievements of 1999.’
Duckworth Finn recently launched a campaign for CRS focusing on the
convenience of its high street stores, set to the tune of Cool for Cats
Partners BDDH’s advertising for CWS featured relatives of celebrities,
including Claire Rayner’s daughter and Jeremy Beadle’s wife.
CWS and CRS pooled their marketing functions earlier this year and are
currently negotiating a full merger.
MSc, the media planning joint venture between Partners BDDH and New PHD,
has won the media strategy for the pounds 10 million Co-op retail
The creative win marks Partners BDDH’s third successful repitch this
year. The agency also fought for its Mercedes Benz and Emirates Airlines
Partners BDDH already handles the Co-op Bank, which is owned by CWS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Sales Controller Better Placed Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + 20% Bonus , North West England
- Children's Digital Marketing Manager Penguin UK Competitive salary, Central London
- Brand Consultant - Innovation and Marketing Capability Rare Selection Up to £55K + 20% bonus, Bucks
- Account Manager - TTL Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni