Griffin Bacal lands pounds 4 million creative task for Lava soaps
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 December 1999 12:00AM
Griffin Bacal has picked up the advertising task for Lava, the 120-year-old soap brand from the lubricants manufacturer, WD-40 Company.
Griffin Bacal has picked up the advertising task for Lava, the
120-year-old soap brand from the lubricants manufacturer, WD-40
The agency’s managing director, Jo Hoare, led Griffin through a pitch
against two other unnamed agencies for the pounds 4 million account.
The agency is now expected to unveil its launch TV advertising in the UK
early next year. The campaign is then expected to roll-out across the
brand’s key markets in Europe including France, Spain and Germany.
’The brand needs to be positioned somewhere between products like
Swarfega and the biological household soap brands that are used in the
home,’ a source said.
The agency will also handle the media planning and buying business for
the soap brand.
Lava is a hand-cleaning product which is a direct competitor to
WD-40, which stands for ’water displacement , formulation successful on
40th attempt’, uses McCann-Erickson and Universal McCann to advertise
its products, which include the lubricant and 3-In-One oil.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency