Griffin Bacal lands pounds 4 million creative task for Lava soaps
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 December 1999 12:00AM
Griffin Bacal has picked up the advertising task for Lava, the 120-year-old soap brand from the lubricants manufacturer, WD-40 Company.
Griffin Bacal has picked up the advertising task for Lava, the
120-year-old soap brand from the lubricants manufacturer, WD-40
The agency’s managing director, Jo Hoare, led Griffin through a pitch
against two other unnamed agencies for the pounds 4 million account.
The agency is now expected to unveil its launch TV advertising in the UK
early next year. The campaign is then expected to roll-out across the
brand’s key markets in Europe including France, Spain and Germany.
’The brand needs to be positioned somewhere between products like
Swarfega and the biological household soap brands that are used in the
home,’ a source said.
The agency will also handle the media planning and buying business for
the soap brand.
Lava is a hand-cleaning product which is a direct competitor to
WD-40, which stands for ’water displacement , formulation successful on
40th attempt’, uses McCann-Erickson and Universal McCann to advertise
its products, which include the lubricant and 3-In-One oil.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London