Honey Monster returns in Y&R Choco Puffs campaign
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 February 2000 12:00AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has created a new campaign for Choco Puffs - Quaker’s latest chocolate cereal for children - with a romantic Valentine’s Day theme.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has created a new campaign for
Choco Puffs - Quaker’s latest chocolate cereal for children - with a
romantic Valentine’s Day theme.
The ad, which breaks this week, opens with the Honey Monster sitting
coyly on a luxurious sofa. He is accompanied by a stunning young lady,
while Barry White-style music plays in the background. Both are dressed
for a romantic evening - he in a dinner jacket and she in a red evening
The Honey Monster hands over a beautifully wrapped box of the cereal as
his Valentine’s present to the girl, who responds: ’My favourite. You
know I’m a chocoholic.’
It then becomes clear that he didn’t intend them just for her. He
produces two cereal bowls and, as the ad fades, we see her flirtatiously
spooning the cereal into his mouth.
The commercial ends as the words ’monster chocolate taste’ appear on
screen with the letter ’o’s swapped for red love hearts.
’It shows that the Honey Monster is not just about heroics but has a
softer side. Valentine’s Day is the ideal opportunity to show that,’
Christopher Coleridge, brand manager at Rainey Kelly Campbell
The ad was art directed by Andy Clough and written by Richard
It was directed by Matthew Judd of Blonde Films. Media planning and
buying is through MediaVest.
Quaker announced the launch of Choco Puffs in March last year, marking
the first brand extension for one of the UK’s most established
children’s cereal brands.
Recent campaigns featured the Honey Monster dressed as the rap star,
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%