JWT unveils global Rimmel campaign
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 August 2000 12:00AM
J.Walter Thompson has created a global TV and press campaign to launch Rimmel’s Exaggerate lipstick and mascara ranges.
J.Walter Thompson has created a global TV and press campaign to
launch Rimmel’s Exaggerate lipstick and mascara ranges.
The ads, which target 20- to 25-year old women who still enjoy
experimenting with make-up, break this week.
Set in a nightclub, the films feature two women examining their looks in
the mirror as they apply the make-up.
The work will also roll out in Rimmel’s other key markets, including
Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany and the Middle East.
’These ads are strikingly different from any other cosmetic advertising
in this category and will create huge stand-out in the marketplace,’
Nicola Dicketts, a managing partner at JWT, said.
’We wanted the advertising to really reflect the edginess, modernity and
quirkiness of London.’
The print campaign features a series of bold executions showing
close-ups of models wearing a selection of products from the new range,
including the Electric, Fresh Start and summer collections.
Rimmel is the top-selling cosmetics brand in the UK, offering quality
cosmetics designed for the more youthful market with a value for money
’We are extremely excited with the evolution of the new press and TV
executions,’ Paul Joosten, the global marketing vice-president at
The ads were co-written and art directed by Robin Harvey and Kay
Truelove, and directed by Dawn Shadforth through RSA Films. Media is by
OMD with press photography shot by David Sims.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire