Drinks giant hands Smirnoff Black task to Evans Hunt Scott
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 1999 12:00AM
United Distillers & Vintners is making a concerted push into the relationship marketing arena with the appointment of Evans Hunt Scott to handle a programme for its premium vodka brand, Smirnoff Black.
United Distillers & Vintners is making a concerted push into the
relationship marketing arena with the appointment of Evans Hunt Scott to
handle a programme for its premium vodka brand, Smirnoff Black.
EHS pitched against a number of undisclosed agencies for the task. The
appointment highlights a trend for the drinks giant, which appointed
Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel to handle a similar project for its
Gordon’s Gin brand earlier this summer (Campaign, 23 July).
While EHS has been appointed for this one brand, there is speculation
that UDV is planning to test cross-brand promotions encompassing a
variety of products in the premium sector.
The programme will cover activity to both the on- and off-trade,
although specific campaign details will not be revealed.
It is expected that the programme will have hit the market by early next
year, with some activity in the busy period running up to Christmas and
Terry Hunt, the chairman of EHS, said: ’Smirnoff Black is aimed at the
niche clubbers market, so it will challenge our targeting skills to
their finest degree.’
EHS’s experience in the loyalty sector - especially its ground-breaking
work on the Tesco Clubcard programme - played a part in securing the
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Exciting, Fun, Start-up agency - Digital PM - £32-38k Digital Gurus £32000 - £38000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager - B2B - digital - Guildford Stopgap £24000 - £30000 per annum, Guildford
- NEW BUSINESS MANAGER (Digital Media) EPG Health Media (Europe) Ltd £45-50,000 basic plus comm OTE circa £60-75,000, Tunbridge Wells
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Client Services) EPG Health Media (Europe) Ltd £36,000-39,500 plus performance related bonuses (OTE £40k - £45k), Tunbridge Wells
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%