Sainsbury’s to hold DM account review for ’To You’ division
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 June 2000 12:00AM
Sainsbury’s is holding a review of the direct marketing arrangements for its home shopping service, rebranded last month as Sainsbury’s To You, which is now handled by Brann London.
Sainsbury’s is holding a review of the direct marketing
arrangements for its home shopping service, rebranded last month as
Sainsbury’s To You, which is now handled by Brann London.
Pitches for the business are being held this week, with a rapid result
expected. Brann will repitch for the account against three outsiders,
Tequila Payne Stracey, Barraclough Hall Woolston Gray and OgilvyOne.
The latter two agencies have group relationships with Sainsbury’s: BHWG
through its relationship with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which won back
the TV advertising for Sainsbury’s earlier this month, and OgilvyOne
through its subsidiary RMG, which handles all the relationship marketing
for Sainsbury’s, largely focusing on the Reward Card.
Brann has handled the Sainsbury’s To You service since its soft launch
in the first quarter of 1998. It was then called Sainsbury’s
The review comes at a time when the supermarket is planning to develop
the service, which still operates on a small scale compared with rivals
such as Tesco.
Sainsbury’s To You only operates in nine supermarkets within the M25
area, but Nick Adderley, who is in charge of the service, said that by
the end of 2001 it would be available to 60 per cent of the UK’s
He added: ’Now that it has gone from being a small series of tests to
being a national player, we have decided to review our arrangements.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, North London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £44000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity