Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO picks up grand prix award for ’surfer’ ad
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 June 2000 12:00AM
The Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO work for Guinness won yet more honours last week when ’surfer’ took the grand prix at the Art Directors’ Club of Europe Awards.
The Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO work for Guinness won yet more honours
last week when ’surfer’ took the grand prix at the Art Directors’ Club
of Europe Awards.
The TV and cinema jury, headed by the director Alex Taylor, gave gold
awards to ’surfer’ and ’bet on black’ at last Saturday’s awards.
In the poster categories, AMV won another gold for its Guinness Ice
poster campaign, including ’lolly’, ’iceberg’, ’fan’, ’fire bucket’, and
In an echo of the D&AD awards, Guinness’s Rugby World Cup sponsorship
credits also took a gold.
Saatchi & Saatchi’s campaign for the army won another gold in the
Other European countries were also successful at the awards. A poster
for Save the Children called ’Che Guevara’, by the Swedish agency Manne
& Co, won a gold.
German entrants won gold in the graphic design category - a brochure by
and for the design agency Jager & Waibel took home the top honours.
There were no gold winners in the print advertising, interactive media,
editorial and photography categories.
The Art Directors’ Club of Europe was set up by D&AD - in co-operation
with 11 other equivalent organisations across Europe - in 1990.
A panel of 44 international creatives - four from each country
represented - met at London’s design council to select the winners. In
total there were 278 entries in the 21 categories.
The Art Directors’ Club of Europe publishes an annual in November. At
the same time, the organisation will launch a website which will act as
a portal for all the national clubs.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%