Boeing picks McCanns for $30m worldwide campaign
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 1999 12:00AM
McCann-Erickson Worldwide has won the $30 million global business for Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company.
McCann-Erickson Worldwide has won the $30 million global business
for Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company.
The Los Angeles-based agency won the account after a pitch against Y&R
Advertising, San Francisco and Bozell, Seattle. The incumbent is Cole &
Weber, owned by Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, which has held the business
for 30 years.
Sources suggest Bozell was close to winning the account but was ruled
out because of the uncertainty created by its merger with FCB.
FCB and Bozell announced last week that they were merging to create a
giant global network and set the stage for a major acquisition by their
True North parent.
Boeing has commercial aircraft, military, space and communications
Its commercial planes account for 63 per cent of sales and include the
Boeing 737, the world’s most popular commercial aircraft.
It is the dominant producer of large commercial aircraft and its only
competition comes from the French consortium, Airbus.
The new campaign will target customers and employees and will focus on
Boeing’s global reach and range of services following mergers with
McDonnell Douglas and Rockwell Aerospace.
Jim Heekin, regional director of Europe, Middle East and Africa of
McCann-Erickson, said: ’Boeing is a world leader with an extraordinary
future. We are proud to have gained the confidence of this great global
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account