Boeing picks McCanns for $30m worldwide campaign
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 1999 12:00AM
McCann-Erickson Worldwide has won the $30 million global business for Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company.
McCann-Erickson Worldwide has won the $30 million global business
for Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company.
The Los Angeles-based agency won the account after a pitch against Y&R
Advertising, San Francisco and Bozell, Seattle. The incumbent is Cole &
Weber, owned by Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, which has held the business
for 30 years.
Sources suggest Bozell was close to winning the account but was ruled
out because of the uncertainty created by its merger with FCB.
FCB and Bozell announced last week that they were merging to create a
giant global network and set the stage for a major acquisition by their
True North parent.
Boeing has commercial aircraft, military, space and communications
Its commercial planes account for 63 per cent of sales and include the
Boeing 737, the world’s most popular commercial aircraft.
It is the dominant producer of large commercial aircraft and its only
competition comes from the French consortium, Airbus.
The new campaign will target customers and employees and will focus on
Boeing’s global reach and range of services following mergers with
McDonnell Douglas and Rockwell Aerospace.
Jim Heekin, regional director of Europe, Middle East and Africa of
McCann-Erickson, said: ’Boeing is a world leader with an extraordinary
future. We are proud to have gained the confidence of this great global
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart