Mustoes premieres Drum print work
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 1999 12:00AM
Mustoe Merriman Herring Levy is about to launch its debut work for Drum, the hand-rolling tobacco brand.
Mustoe Merriman Herring Levy is about to launch its debut work for
Drum, the hand-rolling tobacco brand.
The brand, which was only recently introduced to the UK, is being
positioned by Mustoes as synonymous with premium quality.
A print campaign has been designed to give the product a distinct
identity and one that reflects the independent attitude of its smokers.
Three executions contrast the consistently good quality of Drum tobacco
with the ups and downs which people experience in their lives.
The stories of the Drum smokers’ experiences are told through their
One ad shows a man’s hand holding a roll-up and on his ring finger is a
white mark left by the wedding ring which he no longer wears. The copy
at the bottom of the ad reads: ’Made the right choice in roll-ups
Another execution shows a man wearing love tokens from previous
A bracelet represents his first love, a ring the end of that love while
the text reveals that no one stops him rolling.
A third execution shows a woman’s hand and her three engagement
The copy reveals that ’Fiance number one ran off with a barmaid, number
two said I wasn’t his type, number three ran off with number two’, but
Drum is ’always a good choice.’
’This is a clever campaign that has been enriched with exceptional
photography and typography,’ Martin Thurley, account director on the
business at MMHL, said.
The ads were written by Rosie Elston and art directed by Mary Sue
Lawrence with photography by Henrik Knusden. Media planning and buying
is through Western Media.
The ads will appear across a range of style and fashion titles as well
as Sunday supplements and listings magazines including FHM, Mixmag, NME,
Heat and The Guardian Guide.
Mustoe Merriman also handles the advertising for Imperial Tobacco’s
Lambert & Butler and Golden Virginia brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency