Mustoes premieres Drum print work
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 1999 12:00AM
Mustoe Merriman Herring Levy is about to launch its debut work for Drum, the hand-rolling tobacco brand.
Mustoe Merriman Herring Levy is about to launch its debut work for
Drum, the hand-rolling tobacco brand.
The brand, which was only recently introduced to the UK, is being
positioned by Mustoes as synonymous with premium quality.
A print campaign has been designed to give the product a distinct
identity and one that reflects the independent attitude of its smokers.
Three executions contrast the consistently good quality of Drum tobacco
with the ups and downs which people experience in their lives.
The stories of the Drum smokers’ experiences are told through their
One ad shows a man’s hand holding a roll-up and on his ring finger is a
white mark left by the wedding ring which he no longer wears. The copy
at the bottom of the ad reads: ’Made the right choice in roll-ups
Another execution shows a man wearing love tokens from previous
A bracelet represents his first love, a ring the end of that love while
the text reveals that no one stops him rolling.
A third execution shows a woman’s hand and her three engagement
The copy reveals that ’Fiance number one ran off with a barmaid, number
two said I wasn’t his type, number three ran off with number two’, but
Drum is ’always a good choice.’
’This is a clever campaign that has been enriched with exceptional
photography and typography,’ Martin Thurley, account director on the
business at MMHL, said.
The ads were written by Rosie Elston and art directed by Mary Sue
Lawrence with photography by Henrik Knusden. Media planning and buying
is through Western Media.
The ads will appear across a range of style and fashion titles as well
as Sunday supplements and listings magazines including FHM, Mixmag, NME,
Heat and The Guardian Guide.
Mustoe Merriman also handles the advertising for Imperial Tobacco’s
Lambert & Butler and Golden Virginia brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition