AFVPA chief Garnett resigns as auditors scrutinise finances
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Cecilia Garnett, the chief executive of the Advertising Film and Video Producers Association, has resigned abruptly after financial irregularities came to light in the body’s 1999 draft accounts.
Cecilia Garnett, the chief executive of the Advertising Film and
Video Producers Association, has resigned abruptly after financial
irregularities came to light in the body’s 1999 draft accounts.
The AFVPA - which represents the cream of the UK production industry and
is trying to reach an agreement covering pay and conditions with the
film workers union, BECTU - will be headed temporarily by John Hackney
until a replacement is found.
James Studholme, founder of Blink and a member of the AFVPA’s financial
and policy committee, said: ’Despite whatever unaccountable lapses have
brought us to this sad situation, Cecilia has done a brilliant job in
taking the association from nothing to the representative body it is
Garnett, known as a combative but hard-working defender of her members,
has run the AFVPA for 15 years. Its two other full-time staff, including
Mike Garnett, Cecilia’s brother, remain in their positions.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London