Doner Cardwell Hawkins receives surprise Saga call-up
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Saga has appointed Doner Cardwell Hawkins to handle two projects across its holidays and insurance business.
Saga has appointed Doner Cardwell Hawkins to handle two projects
across its holidays and insurance business.
It is unclear how the appointment affects the incumbent, Ogilvy &
Mather, which was appointed to the Saga Holidays business after a
five-way pitch in June last year.
The account was claimed to be worth pounds 4.4 million, and the brief
was to change the perception of the company as being the preserve of the
blue-rinse brigade. Instead the company wanted to present itself as
modern and dynamic, offering a range of products and services, including
new adventure holidays.
However, the account has been relatively dormant at O&M since a test TV
commercial ran in just two regions in autumn pending a national
It is understood that Saga is uncertain whether to proceed with TV
advertising and is considering going back to its previous direct
Doner Cardwell, which is believed to be working on a campaign due to
break after Christmas, was on the original shortlist for the account in
June. It pitched against O&M, Bates Dorland and The Square. O&M claims
it remains the agency of record for Saga Holidays. Saga was unavailable
Saga Holidays recently appointed a new managing director. Tom Wright,
previously head of sales and marketing at Center Parcs, joined the
company last month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Associate Director - FMCG Research Agency NG Digital Marketing c £55k, Central London
- Senior Partner Marketing Manager NG Digital Marketing between £300-350 day rate, Central London
- Digital Business Analyst - London - eCommerce/mCommerce Salt Negotiable rates, City of London
- Digital Account Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Reading
- Digital Marketing Manager Liverpool Life Sciences UTC £27,500, Liverpool
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?