TBWA wins pounds 1m Toyzone launch task
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Toyzone, the online toy retailer set up by the multi-millionaire founder of Sports Division, Tom Hunter, has hired TBWA GGT Simons Palmer to handle a pounds 1 million launch advertising campaign.
Toyzone, the online toy retailer set up by the multi-millionaire
founder of Sports Division, Tom Hunter, has hired TBWA GGT Simons Palmer
to handle a pounds 1 million launch advertising campaign.
The site launched in September as a rival to the successful US retailer,
e-Toys. It is backed by Matthew Freud, owner of the PR agency, Freud
Communications, and BSkyB, which last month took a 5 per cent stake in
the company in a deal estimated to be worth pounds 2 million.
A press, poster and radio campaign breaks at the end of this week and is
targeted at children and parents. The advertising aims to encourage
children to explore the website themselves by using the line: ’Where
toys hang out.’ The win is expected to lead to further creative
Jo Hall, the managing director at Toyzone, said: ’We have tried to build
a toy e-tail site that offers British customers an online shopping
experience above and beyond the commercial transaction. This approach
allows us to build an emotional bond with customers.
’Our advertising must reflect this and TBWA’s first work demonstrates an
immediate understanding and creative interpretation of the Toyzone
Paul Bainsfair, the chairman of TBWA, added: ’Toyzone stands out because
it has been brilliantly targeted at British customers. The site isn’t
just about buying toys. It’s a real joy to explore.’
The campaign was written by Trevor Beattie and art directed by Bil
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London