Delaney Lund lands creative account for online wine retailer
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Delaney Lund Knox Warren has picked up the pounds 2 million creative account for the online wine retailer, ChateauOnline, without a formal pitch.
Delaney Lund Knox Warren has picked up the pounds 2 million
creative account for the online wine retailer, ChateauOnline, without a
The site, which offers wine for up to 30 per cent less than high street
competitors, launched in the UK in May. It sells 1,000 varieties of wine
and wine-related gifts from around the world.
ChateauOnline, which is based in France, has until now been adapting
creative work originally developed in France for the existing press
campaign. But it has hired Delaney Lund to produce a full-scale
above-the-line cam- paign for the UK market.
Delaney Lund won the business after appointing Simon Andrews from Modem
Media.Poppe Tyson, which had been overseeing ChateauOnline’s internet
Delaney Lund will now work in partnership with Modem Media.Poppe
Andrews commented: ’The company has great experience of wine, it has not
just been set up by some lads fresh out of business school. Its soul is
in wine and that counts in retailing.’
Mark Lund, chief executive of Delaney Lund, said: ’I see a huge
potential market because the kind of people who buy a lot of wine tend
to be very busy and also tend to be connected to the net.’
One of ChateauOnline’s founders is Jean-Michel Deluc, a former sommelier
at the Ritz in Paris.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires