Delaney Lund lands creative account for online wine retailer
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Delaney Lund Knox Warren has picked up the pounds 2 million creative account for the online wine retailer, ChateauOnline, without a formal pitch.
Delaney Lund Knox Warren has picked up the pounds 2 million
creative account for the online wine retailer, ChateauOnline, without a
The site, which offers wine for up to 30 per cent less than high street
competitors, launched in the UK in May. It sells 1,000 varieties of wine
and wine-related gifts from around the world.
ChateauOnline, which is based in France, has until now been adapting
creative work originally developed in France for the existing press
campaign. But it has hired Delaney Lund to produce a full-scale
above-the-line cam- paign for the UK market.
Delaney Lund won the business after appointing Simon Andrews from Modem
Media.Poppe Tyson, which had been overseeing ChateauOnline’s internet
Delaney Lund will now work in partnership with Modem Media.Poppe
Andrews commented: ’The company has great experience of wine, it has not
just been set up by some lads fresh out of business school. Its soul is
in wine and that counts in retailing.’
Mark Lund, chief executive of Delaney Lund, said: ’I see a huge
potential market because the kind of people who buy a lot of wine tend
to be very busy and also tend to be connected to the net.’
One of ChateauOnline’s founders is Jean-Michel Deluc, a former sommelier
at the Ritz in Paris.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London