Feather Brooksbank lands pooled Bank of Scotland media
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Bank of Scotland has retained Feather Brooksbank as its media agency, handing its entire pounds 10 million centralised media account to the Scottish shop.
Bank of Scotland has retained Feather Brooksbank as its media
agency, handing its entire pounds 10 million centralised media account
to the Scottish shop.
Feather Brooksbank already handled around half of the Bank of Scotland
business, sharing the media planning and buying account with Conquest’s
However, the bank decided to consider pooling its media spend into a
single media company in the summer and invited MediaVest Manchester,
Universal McCann Manchester and CIA Medianetwork to pitch alongside
Feather Brooksbank was awarded the business this week and will now start
work on the media strategy for new advertising which is due to break
early next year.
The win is the agency’s first new business coup since it was acquired by
Carat last month in a deal which valued the agency at pounds 7.5
The new campaign will be the first work for Bank of Scotland from its
newly appointed creative team, which is led by Conquest.
Conquest scooped the centralised creative account earlier this month
after beating the incumbents, McCann-Erickson, Bartle Bogle Hegarty and
the Leith Agency.
The advertising overhaul is understood to have been precipitated by the
joining of the marketing-orientated Capital Bank with the more
traditional main banking business.
The new campaign will build upon the combined strengths of the two
divisions to try to replicate the bank’s high brand awareness in
Scotland south of the border.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Digital Media Planner: £28k: Top Travel Clients Ultimate Asset £25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)