Powernet Telecom awards launch to McCann-Erickson
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
McCann-Erickson UK’s Manchester office has picked up the pounds 8 million launch task for the internet and telecoms company, Powernet Telecom.
McCann-Erickson UK’s Manchester office has picked up the pounds 8
million launch task for the internet and telecoms company, Powernet
The agency will be responsible for producing a branding campaign
spanning TV, radio and press which aims to make the company a top-five
UK internet service provider within the next 12 months.
It will also handle advertising for Powernet’s free internet access
product, totalserve.net. The first level of the campaign is expected to
break in March 2000, with media buying by Universal.
The agency was appointed by Powernet’s marketing manager, Shaun Charity,
after a pitch against Poulter Partners, GCP, Huet and Cahoots.
Charity said: ’McCann demonstrated real vision and insight into our
sector and business and a clear understanding of the communications
need, coupled with an excellent creative approach.’
Powernet Telecom, which has seen its valuation rise from more than
pounds 2 million at the beginning of the year to well over pounds 300
million, is to float in the next 18 months as part of its plans for
Its aim is to improve the reliability of the internet, according to the
company’s chief executive, Ian Carey. ’When you pick up a telephone you
know it is going to work and, apart from human error, you will get
through to the person you want to speak to. We want to bring that level
of reliability to the internet dial-up market,’ he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films