One2One plays the Santa Claus card
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Father Christmas takes centre stage in the latest One2One ad, which shows how his mobile phone means he can now be contacted as he travels around the world.
Father Christmas takes centre stage in the latest One2One ad, which
shows how his mobile phone means he can now be contacted as he travels
around the world.
As with previous ads in the campaign, the latest commercial features
those close to Father Christmas talking about his life and their
relationship with him. It opens with his wife, who tells us, ’I do worry
about him - he’s not getting any younger.’
We then see the team, which includes Santa’s manager, his elves and
Rudolph the Reindeer limbering up for Christmas Eve. ’That laugh - it
never stops,’ says the manager as we hear the elves practising their ’ho
The ad ends with Santa’s wife saying: ’It’s great to know I can phone
and find out how he’s getting on.’
The ad, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, is intended to highlight the
international roaming capacity offered by a One2One mobile.
John O’Keeffe, creative director at BBH, said: ’This ad is a
deliberately tongue-in-cheek goodwill message, and why not? There will
be lots of Santa ads this Christmas, but we hope this has more wit to it
The commercial breaks on 20 December and will run on terrestrial and
It was written by George Prest, art directed by Johnny Leathers and
directed by Kevin Thomas through Godman. Media planning and buying is
through Motive Communications.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital/Mobile Project Manager Purple Consultancy £200 - £250 per day, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Gemini Search £24000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Global PR Account Executive / Senior Account Exec Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £17000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Benefits , Manchester