Davies de-stressed in latest Euro ad for the Abbey National
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
The comedian and actor, Alan Davies, embarks on a variety of strange therapies in Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper’s latest advertising for Abbey National.
The comedian and actor, Alan Davies, embarks on a variety of
strange therapies in Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper’s latest advertising for
The ad, ’stress therapy’, opens with a woman floating in an isolation
tank with Davies next to her wearing a miner’s helmet.
Davies begins a discussion in which he claims that Abbey National has
made his life so stress-free he has been able to give up alternative
Davies is then shown undergoing the various remedies he has tried,
including follicle-tenderising therapy and hypno-puncture. He also talks
about feng shui while performing strange yogic movements in his bare
Finally, he tells the woman, the actress Georgia Reece from Brookside,
that thanks to Abbey National he can now go back to proper, manly
outdoor activities. Which answers the question of why he he has appeared
in her flotation tank - he thought it was a pot-holing class.
The pounds 1.5 million campaign breaks on Christmas Day and runs for two
weeks on national television. It was written by Dominic Gettins, art
directed by Oly Caporn and directed by John Lloyd through Spectre Films.
Media buying is by Carat.
’The ad highlights the benefits offered by Abbey National, including the
fact that they don’t charge you for letters, they write things in plain
English and they offer a flexible mortgage,’ Chris Pinnington, the
managing director of Euro, said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account