Daz leaves doorstep for Emmerdale idents
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 December 1999 12:00AM
Daz kicks off its pounds 6 million sponsorship of Emmerdale this week with a series of idents featuring two canine brand spokesmen, Jonno and Barry.
Daz kicks off its pounds 6 million sponsorship of Emmerdale this
week with a series of idents featuring two canine brand spokesmen, Jonno
The famous Daz doorstep challenge has been shelved as the Procter &
Gamble-owned brand pools its marketing budget for the year into
sponsorship of the Yorkshire-based soap in a deal struck by its media
Leo Burnett’s idents introduce Jonno and Barry, who are seen indulging
in their favourite pastime - sitting on the kitchen floor watching the
washing machine go through its cycle.
Each has a distinctive character, revealed through a series of dramas
which unfold as the dogs chat to each other while sitting in front of
the washing machine, much as humans do when watching television.
They shout for their football teams as they watch their kits go through
the wash and discuss their personal lives, as well as individual hopes
In one spot, Jonno enthuses, ’I love a good chase scene’ as the duo
watches the spin cycle whirr into action. In another, they are watching
a load of underwear go round when Barry asks ’what do you reckon to this
then?’ to which Jonno replies ’pants’.
The Daz dogs were created by Simon Brooks at Leo Burnett, and the films
were directed by Jeff Stark through Stark Films, with special effects by
Smoke & Mirrors.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014