Mother launches britart brand campaign
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 August 2000 12:00AM
Mother has launched a nationwide press, poster and ambient campaign for the online art gallery britart.com.
Mother has launched a nationwide press, poster and ambient campaign
for the online art gallery britart.com.
The campaign aims to promote the britart brand while using humour to
break down the barriers and pretensions often associated with the
British art establishment.
The campaign is looking to simplify the process of buying art by making
it straightforward, while removing the stigma that can be attached to
buying from art galleries. Prices for the online work will range from
pounds 100 to pounds 20,000.
The campaign includes tongue-in-cheek illustrations of pavement,
concrete and sand. It will also feature ambient work including art
pencils, stickers, TV paintings and private view glasses.
Richard Murphy, the marketing director of britart, said: ’We’re
targeting people who would love to have quality, original contemporary
art on their walls but just don’t know where to start.’
Stef Calcraft, a founder of Mother, said: ’What we wanted to do was to
establish a sense that art really is for everyone. At the same time, we
felt that it was crucial not to dumb down either the art or the
Murphy added: ’We have a team of artists and curators who go and get the
best new and emerging art around ... judged on whether they’ve got
talent, not because of who they know that’s given them a couple of
The ads were written and directed by Mother. Media planning and buying
is through Red Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Director - B2B - Reading David Thatcher Recruitment £50-65k, Reading
- Shopper Marketing Executive - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy £30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package, South East England
- ATL Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + beneifts , City of London
- Category Executive - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London