Mother launches britart brand campaign
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 August 2000 12:00AM
Mother has launched a nationwide press, poster and ambient campaign for the online art gallery britart.com.
Mother has launched a nationwide press, poster and ambient campaign
for the online art gallery britart.com.
The campaign aims to promote the britart brand while using humour to
break down the barriers and pretensions often associated with the
British art establishment.
The campaign is looking to simplify the process of buying art by making
it straightforward, while removing the stigma that can be attached to
buying from art galleries. Prices for the online work will range from
pounds 100 to pounds 20,000.
The campaign includes tongue-in-cheek illustrations of pavement,
concrete and sand. It will also feature ambient work including art
pencils, stickers, TV paintings and private view glasses.
Richard Murphy, the marketing director of britart, said: ’We’re
targeting people who would love to have quality, original contemporary
art on their walls but just don’t know where to start.’
Stef Calcraft, a founder of Mother, said: ’What we wanted to do was to
establish a sense that art really is for everyone. At the same time, we
felt that it was crucial not to dumb down either the art or the
Murphy added: ’We have a team of artists and curators who go and get the
best new and emerging art around ... judged on whether they’ve got
talent, not because of who they know that’s given them a couple of
The ads were written and directed by Mother. Media planning and buying
is through Red Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Super Benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account