Motive triumphs at Campaign’s Media Awards
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 November 1999 12:00AM
Motive Communications has swept the board at the second Campaign Media Awards, scooping five out of the ten prizes.
Motive Communications has swept the board at the second Campaign
Media Awards, scooping five out of the ten prizes.
As well as a clutch of best in category awards, Motive also walked away
with the Grand Prix, taking the Best Media Campaign of the Year award
for its work for Stella Artois.
Eschewing the traditional associations between beer and sport, Motive’s
aim was to forge a link between Stella and movies, sponsoring Channel
4’s movie screenings, increasing investment in cinema campaigns and
sticking to a TV marketing strategy of advertising in quality, and cult
The campaign has driven brand affinity by 40 per cent. The campaign also
won the Best Use of Television/Cinema and Best Use of Mixed Media
Motive also took the accolades for Best Use of New Media and Best
International Campaign for its work on Levi Strauss, while Saatchi &
Saatchi won two awards, for Best Use of Press for Virgin Clothing and
Best One-Off Stunt for the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Best Use of Outdoor went to FCA! for its ambient work for the Welsh
Tourist Board and Western International Media took the prize for Best
Use of Sponsorship for Scalextric’s tie-up with Channel 5 for
sponsorship of an evening of nostalgic programming. Michaelides &
Bednash and BMP OMD won the award for Best Use of Radio for their
campaign to promote Channel 4’s Boyz Unlimited.
Marjorie Scardino, the chief executive of Pearson, was voted Media
Achiever of the Year for her streamlining strategy which has transformed
the company and set it on a path to future growth.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London