M&C Saatchi seeks new-business head to replace McNally
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 1999 12:00AM
M&C Saatchi is hunting for a senior executive in an effort to put extra muscle into its new-business drive.
M&C Saatchi is hunting for a senior executive in an effort to put
extra muscle into its new-business drive.
The agency wants to upgrade the role after the forthcoming departure of
Fleur McNally, its new-business manager, who is returning to New
The newcomer, who may be given the title of marketing director, will be
expected to draw up a long-term new-business strategy for the UK’s
With Maurice Saatchi and the other agency founding partners, David
Kershaw and Bill Muirhead, heavily involved in new business, the
day-to-day new-business function has not had high priority.
Now the agency is looking for a senior figure, probably a new-business
chief at another agency, to take over the job.
McNally, a former staffer at M&C Saatchi in New York, was appointed
new-business manager in London six months ago, having previously held
the job on a temporary basis.
Moray MacLennan, the agency’s joint chief executive, said: ’We’re in a
different position from most other agencies because we have a number of
senior managers who are well known and give us a well-defined
He added: ’The days of cold-calling are gone. We want someone with a
different approach and a different list of industry contacts.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London