Kemsley to leave CDP after three-year stint
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 September 1999 12:00AM
Adrian Kemsley, CDP’s executive creative director for the past three years, has resigned and will leave the agency immediately with no job to go to.
Adrian Kemsley, CDP’s executive creative director for the past
three years, has resigned and will leave the agency immediately with no
job to go to.
The agency plans to hand over the day-to-day running of the creative
department to the creative directors, Rob Kitchen and Loz Simpson.
’I felt it was time to move on,’ Kemsley said. ’I have established a
good team at CDP and I am proud of our work but I am looking for a fresh
Kemsley, 40, joined CDP in October 1996 from Ammirati Puris Lintas where
he was the creative director. He was given the responsibility for CDP’s
entire creative output, including below the line.
Kemsley has worked in advertising since the age of 24, when he joined
Saatchi & Saatchi and created his most famous work, the ’furry friends’
campaign for the Solid Fuel Advisory Bureau. At 29, he was one of the
youngest board directors in the industry.
Kitchen and Simpson joined CDP’s creative department in 1996 from
Delaney Fletcher Bozell and Bates Dorland respectively. They rose to be
heads of copy and art and have since worked on some of the agency’s key
accounts, including Canon and Honda.
’Adrian joined the agency after a period of change for us and
subsequently built up a strong department with a consistent output.
However, he wants to consider other options and leaves with our best
wishes,’ Chris MacLeod, chief executive of CDP, said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films