Internet toy retailer hires BMP DDB and Motive for UK push
By FRANCESCA NEWLAND, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 September 1999 12:00AM
BMP DDB and Motive have picked up the brief to launch eToys, the US internet toy retailer, in the UK.
BMP DDB and Motive have picked up the brief to launch eToys, the US
internet toy retailer, in the UK.
James Bidwell, European marketing director for eToys, declined to say
who the agencies pitched against or what the advertising budget would
be. He has worked with Motive in two of his previous jobs - at Sega
Amusements and Carland.
He said: ’Motive is an extremely high-calibre organisation which has a
good blend of strategic planning skills and the ability to buy
Bidwell also said BMP had a good track record in solid brands which
would help him grow his business ’offline’. eToys, which has been
selling toys, software and video games online since 1997, will launch
here in time for Christmas. Campaign plans include outdoor and
Motive has also won the pounds 2 million media brief to launch two
partwork products for the publisher, Planet Three. One of the
character-licensed partworks is aimed at children aged under seven years
and the other is targeted at families.
A test campaign will kick off next month in the West Country with
ten- and 30-second TV commercials, with a national roll-out in January.
The creative brief has gone to Humbug, which pitched against Hooper
Planet Three’s managing director, Reg Wright, said that Motive’s
understanding of the fundamentals of partwork campaigns and its desire
to innovate helped it to clinch the deal.
He said he picked Humbug because ’they are quite new and young,
independent, hungry and imaginative characters. They understood the
brief and came back with good creative ideas.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London