Camelot summons M&C Saatchi to foil Branson lottery bid
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 February 2000 12:00AM
Camelot has appointed LIDA, M&C Saatchi’s direct marketing venture, to work on a campaign to promote its National Lottery bid as the battle for the next licence hots up.
Camelot has appointed LIDA, M&C Saatchi’s direct marketing venture,
to work on a campaign to promote its National Lottery bid as the battle
for the next licence hots up.
M&C has been working on marketing activity for Camelot, targeting the
Lottery Commission and opinion formers such as the press and
The work stresses the benefits of a Camelot-run lottery and aims to
counteract the negative ’fat cat’ image it has garnered.
With just one week to go until bids are submitted and a ’media silence’
is imposed, Camelot is stepping up its activity and the latest campaign
will break at the end of this week.
J. Walter Thompson has been working on a programme of marketing activity
for the bid from the entrepreneur, Richard Branson, and has been looking
at plans to make the lottery ’more exciting’ and to encourage more
people to play.
WCRS is not affected by the news.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London