WCRS wins CNN.com Europe task
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 August 2000 12:00AM
WCRS has picked up the European launch task for CNN.com following a three-way creative pitch.
WCRS has picked up the European launch task for CNN.com following a
three-way creative pitch.
WCRS beat D’Arcy and Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper to the business and will now
create a distinctive European positioning for the site.
CNN is keen that consumers understand that the European version of
CNN.com will not have an American bias and will be aimed squarely at a
A potential endline that is under consideration is ’Take a new
’It is important that consumers understand that this is not a site about
Europe,’ Paul Maglione, commercial director at CNN, said.
’The content will be world news and the effects those stories have on a
European audience. It’s a matter of emphasis.’
The advertising account will be headed by Chris Herd, the group director
of the E Brands division at WCRS.
An advertising campaign will be timed to coincide with the launch of the
European website in October. It will have a heavy online presence as
well as extensive TV coverage and will fully exploit its AOL/Time Warner
Advertising will also appear on CNN TV in an attempt to target people
across different platforms within the same brand.
Content for the website will originate in London. A team of 30
journalists has already been recruited, including the former BBC
political editor Robin Oakley, and several others from BBC Online.
Conquest London handles the advertising for the main CNN brand.
Last autumn it created a pounds 4 million campaign that ran across
Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin and North America
on posters, in cinema and in print.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart