Carol Reay back in fundraising role at Ormond St hospital
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 1999 12:00AM
Carol Reay, Grey’s former deputy chairman, is stepping aside from the agency scene to spearhead the multi-million pound fundraising operation for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
Carol Reay, Grey’s former deputy chairman, is stepping aside from
the agency scene to spearhead the multi-million pound fundraising
operation for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
She has opted to take over as the hospital’s executive chairman of
fundraising and public affairs, having rejected three senior agency
management jobs, one of which is believed to have been the chairmanship
of Saatchi & Saatchi.
Heading a staff of more than 30, she will run the hospital’s ongoing
fundraising initiative - which raises between pounds 10 million and
pounds 12 million a year - as well as having responsibility for
generating the pounds 50 million needed from businesses and trusts to
finance the next stage of its rebuilding programme.
The announcement comes a month after the former founding partner of
Mellors Reay reached an out-of-court settlement with Grey over an
alleged breach of contract.
Reay said: ’A big agency job would have been a challenge but this job
attracts me at a much deeper level.’
Robert Creighton, Great Ormond Street’s chief executive, said: ’Although
Carol has no real understanding of the NHS, her presentation was so
well-researched that it was better than anything we would have expected
from somebody coming from a standing start.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)