Brainpower charity event pulls leading industry executives
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 1999 12:00AM
Senior executives from across the UK communications industry are joining forces this Christmas to launch a special brainstorming event which has been designed to offer new business solutions for advertisers and raise money for charity.
Senior executives from across the UK communications industry are
joining forces this Christmas to launch a special brainstorming event
which has been designed to offer new business solutions for advertisers
and raise money for charity.
Leading figures from the creative, media, design and NPD industries will
donate a day of their collective brainpower to help clients solve
Clients will be charged a minimum of pounds 10,000 for the service, and
the proceeds will be donated to a range of charities, including the
Amber Foundation and Children’s Promise.
Executives who are already signed up to take part in the brainstorming
day include Ron Zeghibe, the chief executive of Maiden Outdoor; Steve
Bowbrick, the chief executive of Webmedia Group; Andy Knowles, the
managing director of the packaging design agency, Jones Knowles Ritchie;
Garry Lace, a managing partner at TBWA GGT Simons Palmer; Jo Peters, a
partner at A-Vision; Douglas Slater, the vice-chairman of the London
Academy of Music and Dramatic Art; and David Thomas, a producer at Sky
The brainstorming day, which will take place in the third week of
December, will be structured to allow as many participants as possible
to work on the briefs submitted by clients. A website is also being set
up to allow viewers to see the debate live on the day.
The idea was developed by Richard Watson at Global Innovators and Nick
Emery from MindShare’s Wow Factory. The duo said that the event is
designed ’to have the most difficult briefs and the best, most
stimulating people in the industry working on them’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency