Hollinger centralises new media under Hugo Drayton
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 August 1999 12:00AM
Hollinger, owner of the Telegraph Group, has pulled together all its new-media operations under the leadership of Hugo Drayton, director of marketing and promotions for the Telegraph Group.
Hollinger, owner of the Telegraph Group, has pulled together all
its new-media operations under the leadership of Hugo Drayton, director
of marketing and promotions for the Telegraph Group.
The Electronic Telegraph and Hollinger Digital’s UK business will now
come under the banner of Hollinger Telegraph New Media, with Drayton
reporting to Dan Colson, vice-chairman of Hollinger International.
Drayton explained: ’We are trying to make our digital offerings more
manageable. We had disparate activities managed from New York and
London, and we are bringing them together under one group so they can be
managed centrally from London.’ He added that the Hollinger and the
Electronic Telegraph brands would stay separate.
The newly merged group is exploring several other possible services, but
Drayton would not say when these would emerge or what they would be.
The Electronic Telegraph’s sites include one for its youth brand, T2,
its student magazine website, Juiced, the travel site, Planet, and its
schools service, Internet for Schools. In the UK, Hollinger Digital owns
the portal site, UK Max, which was relaunched in June, and a shopping
site known as Best of British.
Dominic Riley, general manager of Hollinger Digital, and Danny
Meadows-Klue, general manager for new media at The Telegraph, will both
report to Drayton.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London