Buena Vista in hunt for shop to handle pounds 10m video ad task
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 April 2000 12:00AM
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Disney’s home video arm, has begun a review of its advertising account, estimated at pounds 10 million.
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Disney’s home video arm, has begun
a review of its advertising account, estimated at pounds 10 million.
The video distributor has asked the advertiser trade body ISBA to draw
up a list of agencies able to pitch for the business, which will cover
sales of Disney’s huge catalogue of films.
Buena Vista spent around pounds 10 million on home sales during the past
However, its advertising spend is likely to increase significantly as
the advent of DVD technology offers opportunities for digitally enhanced
re-releases of old Disney classics such as Fantasia.
Banks Hoggins O’Shea has been the incumbent on the business for eight
years. Since its acquisition by FCB, the agency has become part of an
international network. This is understood to have created some
A BVHE spokeswoman confirmed that the review does not include the
company’s film division. Media, which is handled by BBJ Media Services,
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum, Derbyshire
- Senior Designer Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Web & ECRM Executive PFJ £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- French PPC Executive Just Digital £30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Surrey
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity