OMD UK unveils debut TV ad during industry programme
By MATTHEW COWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 April 2000 12:00AM
OMD UK is to launch its first TV ad during Channel 4’s airing of The 100 Greatest TV Ads this Saturday.
OMD UK is to launch its first TV ad during Channel 4’s airing of
The 100 Greatest TV Ads this Saturday.
The 20-second spot, created by OMD’s sister agency, BMP DDB, announces
the media agency’s name change from BMP OMD and promotes the agency’s
services. It argues that great advertising is toothless unless
accompanied by a successful media strategy.
The ad opens with a shot of a couple slumped on their living room sofa
watching the Channel 4 broadcast. As the compere says ’And now the
greatest ad of all time’, they switch channels. The spot closes with the
endline: ’OMD UK, the right ads, the right people, the right time.’
The ad forms part of a showcase break, purchased in its entirety by OMD
and filled with new work from the agency’s clients.
The spots include BMP’s new work for Barclaycard and Sony’s first ads
from Saatchi & Saatchi.
Neil Johnston, OMD’s TV buying director, said that the 100 Greatest Ads
programme was a natural showcase for the agency.
He said: ’The programme shows the creative heritage of BMP DDP but as
their media department we had a part in that too. ’The reason people
remember the Smash and Courage ads is because the media department
planned it that way.’
OMD has no plans to repeat the spot, claiming it as a prime example of
’When people go back to work on 2 May we will be OMD UK, not BMP,’
Johnston said. ’All the advertisers and marketers will watch the show
and it allows us to establish name recognition.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Brand Planner Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- E-commerce Manager - B2B Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire