Radisson picks Y&R Europe to run pounds 10m pan-Euro business
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2000 12:00AM
The global hotel chain Radisson has hired Young & Rubicam Europe to handle its pan-European advertising account, estimated to be worth pounds 10 million.
The global hotel chain Radisson has hired Young & Rubicam Europe to
handle its pan-European advertising account, estimated to be worth
pounds 10 million.
The account was awarded following a three-way pitch that included one
London and one Belgian agency. Y&R was not on the original list, but won
the account after being invited to pitch as a late entrant.
The announcement by the hotel group, which is owned by the US leisure
corporation Carlson, indicates its renewed commitment to
Radisson appointed the Y&R network as part of a drive to raise its
profile in the face of increased competition from other global hotel
chains. It is set to embark upon an aggressive campaign to build on its
reputation as a high-quality brand of luxury standing.
The lead agency on the account will be BBCW/Y&R in Amsterdam, which will
produce a pan-European creative campaign that is expected to break in
the autumn. The campaign will be supported by significant
Richard Kemper, the director of client services at BBCW, said: ’Our
greatest task is to turn the experience of a hotel night’s sleep into a
lasting memory no matter whether you’re travelling on business or on
No-one at Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R was available to comment on
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland