BBH emphasises unconventionality of Dockers Khakis
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2000 12:00AM
Levi Strauss is extending the promotion of its Dockers Khakis range as the epitome of West Coast cool in pan-European advertising through Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Levi Strauss is extending the promotion of its Dockers Khakis range
as the epitome of West Coast cool in pan-European advertising through
Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Four press and poster executions under the theme ’No restrictions’ are
intended to present Dockers wearers as unconfined by conventional
The work, which breaks on Tuesday in UK magazines including Arena, FHM,
Loaded and Marie Claire, will also include outdoor in France, Italy,
Germany, Spain, Sweden, Greece and Switzerland. UK media is handled by
One of the ads shows the Dockers-clad legs of two men carrying a canoe
over their heads across a traffic-clogged street. Another features a man
relaxing outside a tent pitched among skyscrapers.
Patrick Mercanton, the Dockers Europe brand marketing manager, said the
campaign - aimed at men and women aged between 25 and 35 - was intended
to associate Dockers with a subversive attitude to life.
’The ads feature individuals who personalise their urban environment as
they wish,’ he added. ’They are a metaphor for a spirit of
self-confident and humorous behaviour in the city.’
The ads were written by Hugh Todd, art directed by Adam Scholes and
photographed by Guzman, the New York duo of Constance Hansen and Russell
Peacock, whose work has included album covers and fashion campaigns as
well as editorial assignments for GQ and the New York Times.
Judy Vlasnik, the Dockers Europe president, said she expected the ’No
restrictions’ idea to form the basis of a long-term campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London