HHCL boosts its media with Bridgeworks deal
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 June 2000 12:00AM
HHCL & Partners is launching an in-house strategic media discipline and has taken on Simon King and Simon Calvert of Bridgeworks to spearhead the initiative.
HHCL & Partners is launching an in-house strategic media discipline
and has taken on Simon King and Simon Calvert of Bridgeworks to
spearhead the initiative.
The duo will work across HHCL’s creative teams to provide a media
perspective at the heart of the creative process. Axel Chaldecott, the
creative director of HHCL, said: ’Creative teams need more help from
holistically minded media experts and that’s why we’re creating this new
role at the heart of our creative process.’
King and Calvert were the co-founders of Bridgeworks, the strategic
media consultancy, along with Dominic Owens, who left the company last
Bridgeworks, which has worked with clients such as Powergen, Ico, Gaming
Internet and Soup Works since its launch in 1998, has been bought out by
Initially, King and Calvert will be working with selected project teams,
although their experience in media relations, sponsorship,
advertiser-funded programming and digital media will ultimately be
extended across the whole of HHCL’s client base.
Ian Priest, the managing director of HHCL, said that by bringing
strategic media expertise into the agency, HHCL would be better able to
deliver effective communications solutions across all media outlets.
’We’re about producing surprising communication solutions for our
clients across a broad range of communication channels,’ Priest said.
’We believe this new model will allow us to deliver real synergy for our
Simon King is a former media planning director of Lowes and a former
planning director of Carat. Simon Calvert joined Bridgeworks from
Michaelides & Bednash.
King said: ’We’re delighted to be joining the leading communications
agency in the business. The shared ambition and belief in innovation and
collaboration has made this an irresistible move for us.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014