Sweden’s SEB in talks to appoint agency for internet bank launch
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 June 2000 12:00AM
SEB, one of Sweden’s biggest banks, is talking to agencies about a pounds 5 million launch campaign to promote its UK debut later this year.
SEB, one of Sweden’s biggest banks, is talking to agencies about a
pounds 5 million launch campaign to promote its UK debut later this
Wieden & Kennedy, Delaney Lund Knox Warren and Mustoe Merriman Herring
Levy are among the agencies known to have been contacted by the
The successful agency will spearhead the bank’s strategy to become a
pan-European internet bank. Its entry into the UK market is regarded as
a top priority but it also has plans to expand into Northern Europe and
the other four big markets - Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
The campaign will target the mass affluent market, particularly
middle-class customers with money to invest and those saving for
The launch comes at a competitive time as many of the UK banks are
developing their own internet operations.
SEB has already struck a partnership with the web agency Brokat, which
created websites for the internet banks Smile.co.uk and First-e.
The move by SEB was sparked by research that showed that more than one
in four of its customers are now using the internet.
SEB, which has had e-banking operations in Sweden since 1996, has one of
Europe’s most ambitious web banking strategies, aiming for five million
customers by the end of 2004.
It has around 400,000 internet banking customers in Sweden and 100,000
in Germany. In Denmark, where it has only just started, the figure is
already up to 2,500.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni